- Hear details about the signs of the end of time, both those that have already occurred and those to come, including the tribulations and battles, the Dajjal, the Mahdi, the return of Jesus upon him be peace, Gog and Magog, and final signs
- Learn about the end of the world, the Day of Judgment, the Hellfire, and Paradise
- Answer questions on the purpose of our lives, the reason for our existence, how to react when a calamity befalls us, and how everything fits into the biggest picture
- Be inspired with a sense that your life is a weighty matter with a mission
- Increase your religious conviction, as well as your religious determination and dedication
- Perfect for every Muslim, including those who have not had any formal religious study in the past
About the Course
The course covers the signs of the end of time in detail, the end of the world, the day of resurrection, the hellfire, and paradise. Course content will help us answer questions on the purpose of our lives, the reason for our existence, what we should be doing, how to react when a calamity befalls us, and how everything fits into the biggest picture. A large focus of the course will be on the practical aspects of the story, such as how knowing about the coming of the Dajjal and Mahdi should affect your life now. As part of this, you will receive weekly reflection questions, the answers of which will be reviewed by the instructor so you can receive personalized feedback.
- Lesson 1: Introduction: What is the meaning of life?
- Lesson 2: Signs of the End of Time That Have Already Occurred
- Lesson 3: The Fitan (tribulations) and Malahim (bloody battles) to Come
- Lesson 4: The Appearance of the Dajjal (Antichrist)
- Lesson 5: The Appearance of the Mahdi (righteous ruler) and the Descent of Jesus son of Mary
- Lesson 6: Gog and Magog and the Beast of the Earth
- Lesson 7: The Final Signs (Rains, Earthquakes, Sun’s Rising from the West, Deathly Smoke, and the Blowing of the Trumpet)
- Lesson 8: Resurrection and the Great Intercession
- Lesson 9: The Judgment, Reckoning, Scales, Books of Deeds, and the Bridge
- Lesson 10: Hellfire
- Lesson 11: Paradise
- Lesson 12: Conclusion
The course is taught entirely using the weekly Live Sessions where the material shall be presented and taken up for discussion and reflection. There are no exams in this course, just weekly reflection assignments on the lessons learnt from the course material. Students shall receive the slides covered in the Live Sessions and Ustadh Farid shall hold weekly office hours where they can consult with him one-on-one. Students are highly encouraged to post their questions in the Forum over the course of the week, which are answered during the Live Sessions.
Weekly Time Commitment
The course requires an estimated half an hour per week outside the live session, to review the material and take notes.
Course content is based on Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim, along with their associated commentaries, and IbnKathir’sNihaya al-Bidayawa al-Nihaya (The Beginning and the End), the last volume of his long work in history.
No background is required: all are welcome!
This course is perfect for every Muslim, including those who have not had any formal religious study in the past. It is also a good supplement to those students who have previously taken courses in Belief.
Do you know the meaning of your existence?
People wander aimlessly through their lives like cattle, grazing here and there, entertaining themselves in every manner, not knowing why they are here and where they are going. If people really were cattle, this would be a fulfilling life. But people are not cattle and will psychologically self-destruct if they behave like cattle, particularly when the specter of death ever looms over them: they will thirstily and frantically chase one mirage after another and then fear—paradoxically—lest death stop their thirsty and frantic chase because they vainly hope to actually one day find something.
Most people never learn.
Should you take this course?
But some people do learn, and that’s what this course is all about.
The people who learn are people who listen to revelation and heed what their Creator is telling them. They learn that God does not act in vain, and that tremendous wisdom imbues everything that has ever happened and everything that will ever happen. This wisdom is the Grand and Momentous Story of Creation.
Do you want to listen to the most compelling story ever told?
Well-written stories have a gripping plot and the Grand and Momentous Story of Creation has the most gripping plot of any story that was ever written. A good plot continually increases the excitement of the reader by leading him to the climax and then the grand finale, and in the Grand and Momentous Story of Creation, the excitement has been building up and the final drumroll began with the advent of the Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace).
The climax and grand finale of the Grand and Momentous Story of Creation is the end of the world—followed by human resurrection, eternal bliss, and eternal damnation. This is what this course is all about.
Have you found your place in the story yet?
In the Grand Finale: The End of Time & Your Eternal Fate, we will learn that the story is well in motion and that its momentum has picked up irreversibly. We cannot change the story, but fortunately, our job is not to change the story, but rather to find our places in the inevitable climax and grand finale by heeding what revelation has to tell us.
Why is Ibn Kathir’sAl-Nihayawa al-Bidayaunlike any other work of History?
In his series of works Al-Nihayawa al-Bidaya (The End and the Beginning), IbnKathir spells out the story of the world, beginning with the story of how the world began to exist, what has happened since its creation until his time, and then how everything will come to an end. His book of history is unique because it has an ending—it tells the final ending of everything that will ever happen—while other books of history simply talk about what has happened in the past without regard for what will come in the future. IbnKathir’s approach is wonderful because knowing the end of the story helps put everything else into context.
What shall I know coming out of the course?
By the end of this course, you will be inspired with a sense that your life is a weighty matter and not to be lived mimicking a cow entertaining yourself to no end. Your religious conviction will be increased, as well as your religious determination and dedication. You will leave the course with a sense of purpose that you are on a mission with a weighty goal needing to be fulfilled.