- Weekly live lessons will be taught by Dr. Ashraf.
- Pre-recorded readings of the entire text in Arabic and English with brief explanation.
- The Arabic text and an English translation will be provided in PDF format.
- Assignments and exams will test and strengthen your knowledge.
- All live sessions will be recorded, so that you can hear lessons that you may miss or review key concepts.
- You can post questions and engage in discussion in the course forum.
- Dr. Ashraf will hold weekly office hours.
The third in a series of four courses that cover a complete classical manual of Islamic Law, Quduri’s Manual Explained is a unique opportunity to gain a comprehensive understanding of exactly what it means for our religion to be a “way of life.”
- Read an early classic of Islamic law
- Understand the importance of the family in Islam
- How to make a valid marriage contract
- How lineage is established in Islam
- The importantance of endowments in Islam
- The third in a series of courses that will cover all chapters of Islamic law, not just worship
- Learn and understand how these rulings are implemented and applied in our lives.
- Perfect for those working in family law or similar business sector
- You do not need to have taken Part 1 or Part 2 in order take this 3rd part
The “crowning achievement” of Muslim scholarship, Islamic law is arguably one of the most difficult disciplines to master. Yet it is extremely practical because it deals with real-world issues that Muslims face in their day-to-day lives, making the learning of every single scholar incomplete until they have studied a classical manual of Islamic Law from cover-to-cover. Mastering other disciplines, such as theology, legal methodology, Arabic grammar, hadith, and tafsir, only enable one to answer a very small set of questions that the common person has because the vast, vast majority of questions that they have revolve around Islamic Law. This is why anyone who is planning on being in a position where they will answer people’s religious questions must have a solid grounding in this area.
Few students of knowledge ever get the opportunity to read a classical manual of Islamic Law that covers all of the chapters of Islamic Law (not just worship or ‘ibadat) from cover-to-cover under a teacher, and thereby they miss out on the comprehensive understanding of exactly what it means for our religion to be a “way of life”. Quduri’s Manual Explained seeks to fill this void in a series of four courses that cover a complete classical manual of Islamic Law. By gaining a comprehensive understanding of Islamic Law, you will be able to attain godfearingness (taqwa) in your lives because you will know how Allah’s command relates to everything you do. In addition, you will become familiarized with more and more fiqh terminology in Arabic.
By the end of these four courses, you will have studied Quduri’s Manual completely with the instructor, which is the classical way of acquiring knowledge. You will learn how to understand the terse expressions of classical manuals, and appreciate the value of writing manuals in such a manner. You will be able to sense before you do something in your life how it is religiously significant and what kinds of questions you need to ask before undertaking a particular action, because until someone has studied a manual of Islamic Law, they often do things not realizing that they may be falling into something unlawful.
The text of this series, Mukhtasar al-Quduri, is an in-depth manual of Islamic law by the early great scholar Abu’l-Hasan Ahmad ibn Muhammad al-Quduri al-Baghdadi, the Hanafi jurist, born 362 AH.
- The Book of Marriage
- The Book of Breastfeeding
- The Book of Rajā’
- The Book of Ila’
- The Book of Khul’
- The Book of Li’an
- The Book of ‘Idda
- The Book of Nafaqāt
- The Book of Hadāna
- The Book of Gifts
- The Book of Endowments
- The Book of Laqīṭ
- The Book of Luqata
- The Book of Bequests
- The Book of Inheritance